TOGETHER WE CAN GROW!
The spinning and weaving market is expanding, fueled by a new generation of enthusiasts eager to cultivate a passion for these crafts. At the same time, the women and men of the boomer generation—a vast group—are moving into their years of self-fulfillment. They are ready to come back to the crafts that they first discovered in the 1970s and 1980s. Making yarn and cloth is creative work that provides our everyday lives with beauty and gives us the satisfaction of using our mind and body in a creative pursuit.
The Spinning and Weaving Group recognizes the need for a unifying voice that speaks for all of us who make our livelihood through spinning and weaving.
Our current efforts are focused on:
- Sponsoring Spinzilla, a new consumer event held during Spinning and Weaving Week. To learn more, visit spinzilla.org
- Creating a high profile presence for the crafts of spinning and weaving at TNNA trade shows
- Revitalizing our Teachers Directory
- Working with TNNA partners to generate market specific data
- Collaborating with like-minded organizations for cross promotion (Maker Faire, American Craft Week, I Love Yarn Day, Handweavers Guild of America, etc. . . )
- Working with the NeedleArt Mentoring Program to offer spinning and weaving materials to adults mentoring school age children in the needlearts including spinning and weaving
- Providing an active voice on the TNNA board to support efforts to increase the the overall health of the needlearts market
- Keeping membership informed via electronic newsletters, website, and social media channels
Join SWG to strengthen the spinning and weaving business community
Join SWG to network with other spinning and weaving business owners.
Join SWG to support creative consumer education
Join SWG to help shape the future of spinning and weaving in the marketplace.
SWG MEMBERSHIP AND DUES
Membership and Dues:
Interested members must first join TNNA before joining the Spinning & Weaving Group. Joining a Product Segment Group is complimentary with your TNNA membership.
Volunteering is one of the best ways to get to know others in the industry. Join us, and help grow the spinning and weaving market. We are looking for member volunteers for our Membership and Show Presence, and Education committees.